Well, I am still here. It has been a while on this site, but believe me, I’ve been busy.
If you don’t follow me on social media, you probably missed my myriad articles on a number of topics, mostly soccer. I’ve been moving away from posting individual articles as posts on this site, as it I’m sure it gets annoying for those of you who receive updates via email or RSS. I am working on finding a way for a sidebar on this site to update automatically with my new posts and stories on different sites, so stay tuned. In the meantime, don’t use this as an excuse not to click on my articles and posts for other sites.
What about this site? I’ll continue to keep it updated (promise) but will feature more original content and musings on a number of topics. There will be a lot of soccer but they may also include things like why I think La-La Land has commitment issues. The upside to having diverse interests is there is a lot to write about but the downside is the blog’s topics can be a little scattered.
If you remember back to the beginning of the year, I listed my writing goals for 2017. One of my resolutions was to revise them quarterly. However, looking over my list, I am quite pleased with the list:
- Finish that manuscript I said I would finish in 2016 – the introduction is done! Now to the hard part but progress is being made.
- Join a writers’ organization or community and pay for the dues with money I’ve earned writing – still working on this but still a goal.
- Start, join, or become a regular contributor on a podcast – all of these things are in the mix. We’ll see if any of them work out.
- Become a regular contributor on three new blogs – I’ve met this goal!
- Write an article, chapter, story, or something similar every day – this is still a struggle with my busy life but I am almost at this point.
- Publish an article about a destination I visit this year – I have two articles in my pocket about a recent trip that I am going to start shopping soon. I’ll keep you updated.
- Revise my goals every three months to adjust for the unexpected – not much has changed since March, so I’m still good!
More in-depth content soon.